Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ronco

Default need help deciding which formulas/format to use

I have a similar profile spreadsheet. Try Excel formula =TEXT(the cell of
the date of payment,"mmm") to give you the month, =TEXT(the cell of the date
of payment,"yyyy") for the year. Then use these two fields (columns) for the
Column portion of a pivot table. If you ever have the need, you can collapse
all the months of a particular year by double-clicking the year cell in the
pivot table. If you're not familiar with pivot tables, you might want to
take an hour to learn about them. They are extremely valuable tool.

"iamdazey" wrote:

Basically, I have a spreadsheet with a list of clients and when they signed
up for their services with my company. Some of them pay monthly and some pay
annually. The company owner wants to see a month by month breakout of the
money we'll have coming in, basically a forecast.

I'm a fairly savvy Excel user, but it's been a while since I've undertaken a
task this complicated, so any suggestions would be extremely valuable.

Thanks everyone!
iamdazey