Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin

Default I cannot read an Excel Attachment. Why?

Thanks so much! The file finally opened and was readable!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Kevin

Assuming you have Excel on your computer and the attached file has no problem
opening..........

Do they still have the *.xls extension or a .DAT extension?

If your email client is OutLook Express and the sender is using MS Office
OutLook(not OE) to send the files, request that he/she send them as
attachments using "plain text" as opposed to "Rich Text
Format(RTF)".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:26:02 -0700, Kevin
wrote:

The excel file attachment sent to me is jibberish. Why?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP