Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BKGT

Default Matching a value that appears multiple times

Hi Domenic,

Ideally, I would like to get 5 - 2 from the first scenario and 6 - 3
from the second. I believe the point you were getting at is the
rounding up or down problem if the next value is much larger or much
lower than half of the max value. The real data I have to work with
probably won't be largely effected by this because there are alot of
data points so the error should be minimal. I don't suppose there is a
way to interpolate between two points if an exact match is not found.

--
BKGT
BKGT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33862