Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Teixeira

Default Macro to Start an Application

That has worked great for Notepad and Calculator, but when I tried to use it
to open an estimating application called Costworks, Costworks only opened
"halfway". I closed Costworks and tried to open it directly from it's
shortcut and it opened just fine. I tried increasing the numeric value at
the end of the Run Shell line to 2 (no luck) and then to 3 (no luck). I
thought that the Run Shell command wasn't giving the application enough time
to open and by changing those values it would give the application more time
to open. I have a support agreement with the estimating application's
publisher but this is out of the agreement's scope.

"Paul B" wrote:

Joe, something like this, to run notepad

Sub Run_Notepad()
Run Shell("C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE", 1)

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Joe Teixeira" wrote in message
How do I write a macro to start another application?