Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Keenman

Default Code to get text from part of a cell

I have a worksheet with data in a column as follows

uid=xvdcfrd,ou=people,dc=xxxxx
uid=sdsdsd,ou=people,dc=xxxxx
uid=fhjetyv,ou=people,dc=xcxcx

Each of the above lines is in a single cell in the column. I need to
start at the top cell and retrieve the text following the first = sign
and grab the text to the first comma (in cell one in the above example,
I want xvdcfrd). After retrieving the text I want to copy/move it to
another column (If I delete the formula, I want to keep the retrieved
data unless there is a way to write the data that I retrieve in the
same column that I am performing this function on). I need the code to
loop through the entire column and grab that data from each cell.

Thanks in advance...

--
Keenman
Keenman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14220