Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zenaida

Default writing a greater than/less than formula

I did not know what cell you wanted this formula in so you would need to
replace A3 with the correct cell.

This formula should work but if the value is 100,000 it will not be
multiplied by 25% because you state 100000 and if the value is
200,000 it will not be multiplied by 25% because you state < 200000.

You will need to modify the formula if the values of 100,000 and
200,000 are suppose to be multiplied by 25%.

Also, if the value is greater than 200,000 and less than 100,000, what
do you want the formula to do? With an If statement you have to tell
the formula what you want when the result is true and what you want if
the result is false. I did not know what you wanted to happen if the
result was false. So I referenced the cell. So whatever is in cell A3
is what will appear in the cell that contains this formula.

Code:
=IF(AND(A3100000, A3<200000), A3*25%, A3)

--
Zenaida

Zenaida's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33802
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536202