Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phil Nathan

Default Formatting cells in Excel does not work

Certain cells mean cells chosen at random that have numbers in them and not
formulas.
It is definitely a number because when I copy it to any other unoccupied
cell I can then select formatting and the Format Cells window pops up
indicating that indeed it is a number. However when I attempt to do the same
on the original cell the window will not pop up.
Even if it is text the Format Window should still pop up.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

What have you got and what do you want that seems unachievable?

"Certain" cells means what?

Perhaps you are trying to format text that looks like a number but is not.

Or looks like a date but is not.

More detail please.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:21:03 -0700, Phil Nathan <Phil
wrote:

Using Excel 2002 with the SP3 patches applied when I attempt to format
certain cells nothing happens. This applies wether I attemp this from the the
toolbar or directly withinh the cell. Any ideas?