Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sdl121

Default How do I 'unlock' it when it says my document is locked?

I haven't used Excel for a couple days, today I opened it up and tried
creating a spreadsheet, and it wouldn't let me type any text in. I opened
Word, out of curiosity, and it won't let me create a new document in Word
either. The message at the bottom of the screen says, "This modification is
not allowed because the document is locked." What does this mean and how to
take this "lock" off? I've had my new computer for about 2 months and never
registered Microsoft Office, but I've never registered any previous copies
either and never had this problem. Anyone had this happen before?