Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default what excel opens with

Brent

I would look in ToolsAdd-ins and uncheck whatever looks like a guilty add-in.

If can't see anything obvious, uncheck all to see if problem goes away then
re-check one at a time until you find offender.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:05:01 -0700, Brent Bortnick
wrote:

I installed a program to condense an excel file. when that happened this new
program overwrote the default setting when excel starts up (ie. book1.xls
etc...(we use something else)). I uninstalled the program because i didnt
want it anymore but excel still thinks it's opening the file belonging to the
uninstalled program. So I get a popup everytime telling me it can't find the
file. After I click the popup it figures it out and goes to the real default
(the one in XLStart). How do I get rid of this?