Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zack Barresse

Default Merge and Center when sheet is protected

Hi Tory,

Try the horizontal alignment of Center Across Selection. It's much less
invasive than merging and doesn't cause near the headaches.

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Tory" wrote in message
I have a worksheet where I have certain columns and rows locked and the
rest
is available for user input. I used Tools/Protection/and have a check in
front of Select unlocked cells and Format cells. It is password
protected.
This works great except it will not allow you to use the merge and center
function on the toolbar. You can copy the same text into each cell below,
but it is much easier to read when you merge and center all of the
selected
cells. Any idea why merge and center is not available when format cells
is
checked?
Any/all help appreciated!!