Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Default Arrangement problems.

do you mean twice as many rows or twice as many columns? if twice as
many rows then you have triplicates?
To see 4 headers above 3 columns can be a little confusing

note, it is also confusing if you use what are standard column headers
A B C & D as column A entries (without a heading entry), however, the
formula will still produce what you need, just delete the blank column
D when you are done.

--

Blah Wrote:
Assuming A = ident, B C & D = set, max 4 duplicates:

Actually A, B, C, and D are the names which have a total of four
replicates Z, Y, X, and M split across two seperate out of order
lists. The key problem is that the second list has twice as many
entries as the first so I can't just arrange by name and them paste
the
lists next to each other. I need to merge the two lists together so
that all four replicates end up next to their name on a single row and
under their respective replicate name.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535746