Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Formula Will Not Evaluate

Sounds like the cell is formatted as text. Format it as General, then F2 and
Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Cecil" wrote in
message ...

Hello Sometimes, when I type a simple formula into a cell ( e.g.
=IF(A1=A2,"dupe","ok") ), the formula does _not_ evaluate when I press
[Enter] or if I move on to another cell. The formula just sits in the
cell, as typed. I do not undertand what the circumstances are that
causes this. One tidbit of info If I Copy and then Paste-Values, the
formula will be replaced with the True or False condition ( dupe or ok
). What am I missing here? Thanks. Cecil.

--
Cecil
Cecil's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535660