Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LilJazzyLady

Default Formula Question

I have a list of numbers (ex: 1,3,5,7,9,12,13,14,15,16, etc). I need the
cell to look in another cell of a column and find one of the numbers. If it
finds it, I need it return a certain text value and if the # is not found, I
need it to return a different text value. The IF statement would be perfect
here, but my understanding is that no more than 7 IF statements can be
nested and I have more than 7. I researched the VLookup, but I don't see how
to get it to return the text values if the # is or is not found as opposed to
returning the "N/A" message. Help.

thanks