Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default Category axis label problem at column chart

Double click the axis and on the scale tab check the 'Number of
Categories between tick marks' value is 1.

Cheers
Andy

Marko Pinteric wrote:

About 100 labels (every second time labels (hh.mm), other are emtpy
labels).

One space is not enough - only one digit is displayed (first digit of
hour). More spaces - more digits.

Marko

Andy Pope wrote:

I'm not sure I follow.

For me a single space just helps the chart wizard identify what it
thinks are labels, series data and series names. Adding more spaces
has no other effect.

How many category labels do you have?

Cheers
Andy

Marko Pinteric wrote:

I was testing that. More spaces, more numbers are displayed. For
the whole time number ("hh:mm") it requires about nine spaces.
Problem is that depending on other graph specifics it requres less or
more spaces (from 8 to 10). Is there any more stable solution?

Marko.

Andy Pope wrote:

Hi,

Easiest thing is to include a space in the first cell.
(" "; "13:00"; ""; "14:00")

Cheers
Andy

Marko Pinteric wrote:

Dear experts!

I have a column chart. Category axis labels are either time
("hh:mm") or empty ("") cells. If first value in the label range
is time,
e.g. ("13:00"; ""; "14:00"; ""), everything is fine, in the opposite
case, e.g. (""; "13:00"; ""; "14:00"), labels are not displayed.
It seems that the chart calculate required space for labels
according to the first value in the label range.

Is there any way to solve this problem, so labels will be displayed
regardless of the fact if first value in label range is empty or not?

Thanks, Marko.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info