Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve

Default sumif across multiple sheets

Bob, I figured out what my problem was. Thanks.

I have one more question. If the range C1:C9 is on another sheet, how would
I type this in?

Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try putting the sheet names in C1:c9 and use

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&C1:C9&"'!B1"),"PMI" ,INDIRECT("'"&C1:C9&"'!A3"
)))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steve" wrote in message
I have the following formula that I am trying to use but the result is

#VALUE:

=SUMIF(Sheet1:Sheet9!B1,"PMI",Sheet1:Sheet9!A3)

The formula should look in cell B1 of each sheet and if it is equal to

"PMI"
sum of the value in cell A3 in each sheet.

What am I doing wrong or is this possible?

Thanks