Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw

Default How do I change the case from all caps to proper for names I have

You can't change the existing cells, in blank cells, put in =proper(E3) and
the proper name will show up in the cell you put the formula in. Then you
have to do a copy / paste special /values to turn the formula into the
actual names.

"duugg" wrote:

I know that a formula would work, but I don't know what it is
and more importantly, where to put it.

In other words, if the "all caps name" is in E3 to E120

and I want to change these cells to "proper case"

Note that I already tried putting this formula in A1
=PROPER(A2)

to change an "all caps" name in A2, but it didn't change it.

What exactly do I do for this?

If you will be providing me with a formula, then please tell me exactly
where to put it and how to put it there.

Thanks so much

--
duugg
duugg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33372