Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bxc2739

Default Is there a way to automate google searches into excel?

I want two columns in an excel file. (very large with 35,000+ rows)
The column A has names of customers and for column B I want to
have a hyperlink to each customer via search by google.

Example: If column A of row 1 was "Boeing". Then column B of row 1
is http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

I don't want the DIRECT company website (ie not www.boeing.com)
But the GOOGLE search of it.

SInce the list is over 35,000 rows it would be very time consuming to
search one by one in google and copy and paste the goolge search url.
Is there a automated way /via batch file writting that I can let one
excel file convert alll the names in column a into finished google
search urls in column B without having to do them one by one???

Thanks

--
bxc2739
bxc2739's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32538