Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Need difference between two dates/times in hours

Or maybe I misunderstood what you want to do?

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

What date format are you using? D/M/Y or M/D/Y ?

If you're using D/M/Y then your result should be 7 (or 6 based on your
explanation of an 8 hr day but having a 9 hr time span 8:5) because
2/4/2005 ( 2 April 2005) is a Saturday.

If maybe you have the wrong year and it should be 2006, then both dates
fall on a weekend.

If you're using M/D/Y then the result is a lot more than 13.5.

Biff

"ramsdesk" wrote
in message ...

I am not sure if a similar questions has been posted before... I did
search but couldnt find.

I need the difference between two dates/times field in hours or
minutes.

Eg:

A1 B1
1/4/05 10:00 2/4/05 14:30

The result should be 13.5 hours, considering only 8 hrs per day, only
business days and 8 to 5 workday.

Can you please help me with the right formula.

--
ramsdesk
ramsdesk's Profile: