shmurphing

Default complex fomula: counting cells that are blank

I have a range of cells that I need to count and they must meet certain
criteria. I have found that if the cell is blank, it will count it instead
of eliminating it from the criteria.

Here is the sumproduct formula I have been using:
=SUMPRODUCT(--('Wpg #s data'!C2:C642="Incident"),--('Wpg #s data'!G2:G642<D2))

I need to eliminate a count for cells that are blank in the G column.
Column G contains the date and time of the record. So, it should ask, is it
an incident, and is the date greater than a specific date, and eliminate it
in the count if it is null. Possible?