Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

Default Letters and Number formulas

<<<"Why do we bother !!!"

Because we enjoy doing it ... with or without any appreciation!

And we realize that many posters are inexperienced with using these NGs, and
therefore are very easily confused and unable to even find their own OPs,
much less carry on any extended conversation with other responders.

RD

"Michael M" wrote in message
Dont'cha just love trying to help with a bit of input, and then getting a

nil
response whatsoever from the OP.
We all have a diffrent spin on a question, but it would be nice to know
which way the user goes. Why do we bother !!!

Michael M.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

2pojeff" wrote in message
... Hello Sandy

I typed this formula into cell B9 and entered a letter in cell A8 this

did
not work.

It works for me - although I would think that it would make more sense

if
you typed it into B8 not B9 but it will work in any cell.

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk