Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clueless

Default Oooh, I guarantee you are going to have fun with this one.

I would, with a vlookup function, but in order to use vlookup, I have to know
what it is I am looking for. But never mind with an answer, apparently
someone else had the same problem and came up with a solution: creating a
function all of their own, which works for me like a charm. If anyone is
interested, here is the link:

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/find-nth.htm

I would like to thank you all for helping me. This really is a wonderful
resource and has gotten me out of a tight spot more times than I can count.

Best regards,

Joe

"Ragdyer" wrote:

If I understand what you're saying, you're looking to return a value from
*various* columns, dependent on the row matching a criteria.
BUT ... what determines *which* row, since you have multiple rows matching
the criteria?

RD