Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish

Default Invalid Formula with the use of Indirect

Perhaps you can create a dynamic named range, as described he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

then reference that range in the VLookup formulas.

If you provide more detail about the table, and the sheet layout, and
what you need to do, someone may be able to suggest alternatives.

0-0 Wai Wai ^-^ wrote:
Hi.
I'm not sure why it causes the error.

The formula is:
=VLOOKUP(A1, INDIRECT($C$15), 2, 1)
=VLOOKUP(A2, INDIRECT($C$15), 2, 1)
=VLOOKUP(A3, INDIRECT($C$15), 2, 1)

Cells A1 to A3 contain the values to lookup.
Cell C15 contains
=ADDRESS(ROW(C5),COLUMN(C5), 4) &":"& ADDRESS(ROW(C14),COLUMN(C14), 4)
=C5:C14 [answer display]

It won't work! :(
Error: #REF!

I need to use the INDIRECT function because I need a dynamic reference (the
table).
The table is being constantly updated.

How to solve this problem?
Or is there any alternative to do the same thing?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures