Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Default sumproduct doesn't work

One possibility is that the cells in column G contain OTT followed by a space.
--
Gary''s Student

"Bonkers" wrote:

I'm using this formula =sumproduct(--(G33:G37="OTT"),N33:N37) this should sum
values of N33 throug N37 if the corresponding G33 through G37 has OTT in the
cell. It returns 0. If I change the contents of cells G33:G37 from OTT to
another group of letters such as dl and update the formula it returns the
correct response. What could possibly be wrong with using OTT in the cell
that it won't work in the formula - very strange.