Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
David McRitchie

Default Links not working

Hi John,
see
You receive a "The file may have been changed" error message when you save
a workbook to a network server in Excel 2002 or in Excel 2003

For additional items of interest do a Google Groups search at
http://groups.google.com/ place the following in the search box
author:harlan author:grove network drive group:*.public.excel*
---
HTH,

"John Hull" wrote in message ...
We are havivg the same problem, however when the spreadsheet is saved to a
local drive it works fine. In other words, when the spreadsheet is opened
from a mapped drive the links read .../.../server/folder/document. When the
spreadsheet is openned from a local drive the links read
file///\\server\folder\document. Any ideas folks?

n"iL.White" wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have a user who is running Excel 2003. He has a sheet that is nothing but
hyper links and notes about what those links are. When a doc is linked and
the document saved the link is no longer working. Here is what the link
looks like before and after save.

P:\P05502\05201-0000\ENGINEERING\ACEP_5201_Final.pdf

.../../M2M/m2mdata01/PROJECTS/P05502/05201-0000/ENGINEERING/ACEP_5201_Final.pdf

P:\ is a mapped drive but navigating through the network for the link
casuses the same problem. Anyone have any idea why this is not working?

LWhite