Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default How to increase chart area without affecting plot area?

Hi,

As far as I know the plot area is sized relatively to the chart area.
If you increase the chart area the plot area will also grow. The only
way to get more space is to then reduce the plot area size.
Note that the plot area also has a bounding area within which the axis
labels are displayed. You can see this as a dotted line when use select
the plot area and mouse down over one of the sizing handles. You can not
control the size of this area.

Cheers
Andy

wrote:
How can I increase the chart area without increasing or
reshaping the plot area itself?

Forgive me if my terminology is wrong and confusing.
By "chart area", I mean the white area around the plot
area. By "plot area", I mean the area between the X
and Y axes.

My list of series is so large that it is clipped by the
current chart area. When I drag the chart area handles,
that also resizes the plot area. I want to avoid that.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info