Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PurpleBabs

Default Checkbook Register

Thanks for responding, but that's not quite what I was looking for. The
formula in the balance column is like this:
"=IF(AND(ISBLANK(F9),ISBLANK(G9)),"",H8-F9+G9)" for a line that has a debit
entry. Simply copying it and adding the added column does not work because
now, for example, f and g are debit columns, h and i are credit columns, and
j is now my balance column. I get all kinds of errors about logic, just
clicking the columns won't enter them. So really, if you understand this
formula, maybe you can just tell me how to make f and g debit h and i credit
= to J, and no I am not trying to enter two debits or credits on one line,
each line will have only one action from one of those four columns. So, what
do you think. I hope this is clear.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

You would need to change the formula in the balance column to incorporate your
two new columns.

Presumably, the current formula is something like:

=f2+d3-e3

And you would need something like:

=h2+d3+e3-f3-g3

Fred

"PurpleBabs" wrote in message
I like using the checkbook register template in MS Excel, but I want two
debit columns and two credit columns against the one balance column. I
figured out how to copy the column, but it does not calculate in the balance
column. How do you do that?