Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Default Lookup function and compare

Hi,

On Sheet2 after you have an *N/A list, select a cell in row 1, then
Data, Filter, Autofilter, and use the dropdown arrow to select all *N/A
items.

Select all displayed rows (complete rows all together), COPY, and paste
into Sheet 1 after your present data.

HTH

--

Student Wrote:
Thank you for the fast respond that solved the matching problem
However, sheet2 is a table and upon finding the exact match for the
column I
need to copy the entire row to sheet1
what function may i use for this
thank you again

"Bryan Hessey" wrote:

Try vlookup(A1:sheet2!A1:A100,1,False)

or better

=vlookup(A1:sheet2!A:A,1,False)

and the items flagged #N/A are your missing list

--
Student Wrote:
Hello All,
I am merging two work sheets

the first sheet contains 80 rows and the second sheet contains 194

rows
and
some of these rows are duplicated in sheet 2.

I am using Lookup to determine if the 80 rows from sheet 1 exist

in
sheet 2.
So far the lookup function works fine.
However, if a row in sheet 1 is missing in sheet 2 i get the next
larger
value and i don't want that.
when I further resarched it I found the following note about

lookup
function.

"If LOOKUP can't find the lookup_value, it matches the largest

value
in
lookup_vector that is less than or equal to lookup_value. "

1)I need help with the following:
is there any other function that i can use to return 0 if the value

in
sheet
1 is not found in sheet2
2)How can I accomidate the duplicate values in sheet2 ...I do want
these
values to be duplicated in my results too

thank you in advance

--
Bryan Hessey

Bryan Hessey's Profile: