ken

Wow!
What an impressive program. It was exactly what I was looking for. If I can
just make a suggestion, if you want to use the same set of numbers to achieve
different results without repeating any of the numbers. You must delete the
numbers from the original (A1:A8) list that have already been used.

Thank you for the info

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

There is no such formula, however if you have solver installed (it comes with
excel/office) you can use it and the technique here

http://tinyurl.com/4doog

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Ken" wrote:

i have the following spread sheet that reeds like this

Column A B C D

1
2
3
4
5
6
8 6 7
what would the formula be that would indicate which cells (in column A)to
use to achive the total at the bottom of each column, provided that each
number is only used once. this is a basic version of the spreadsheet that i
am trying to calculate.
Regards
Ken