Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DarnTootn

Default Drop down lists and vlookup? or Match?

that works perfectly for what I am doing... with a very few adjustments my
form works great... thanks for your help on this matter...

"Biff" wrote:

Here's a small sample file that demonstrates this:

List_names.xls 15kb

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...W0G3N0SXXWLA2T

Sheet2 has the employee list.

For your situation you'd need to copy the formula in A17 down 23 rows to
cover the max number of employees in any one crew.

The formula can be shortened slightly but in an effort to make things as
easy to understand as possible I left some sheet references in that could be
removed.

Biff

"DarnTootn" wrote in message
yes I do have a table with that info.. and no on the same size... I will
have
anywhere from 3-23

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Does each crew have the same number of people assigned?

Do you have a table that lists the employees and their respective crew
number?

Biff

"DarnTootn" wrote in message
I have already have my lists created.... Problem... in Cells A17:A62 I
need
the list of employees names to display down the column by selecting the
number value in Cell A13...(A13 being a four digit crew code)... Each
employee has a four digit crew number associated with them.... so far
have
Cell G10 as a drop down list to select the crew name, which puts the
crew
four digit number in A13. So now I need Cells A17:A62 to display the
employee names down the column by using the value in A13... does that
make
sense?? PLEASE NEED HELP