Tim C

One way:

=SUMIF(B1:B10,"",A1:A10)

Tim C

"jbsand1001" wrote in message
I am looking for a points remaining formula that will calculate a column
say
from 1-10 and tell me what numbers have been used and what numbers are
left.
This will be a running total that calculates point totals so the maximum
total if all requirements are met would be the total of A1:A10 in B10
(55).
But some of the requirements are not always met so the cell will not be
awarded a point value. The formula would be for column C10 where it would
calculate the total possible (55) - points assigned in each cell. Because
this is a running total I have some cells that have not been determined
yet.
It will basically go through column A and say ok there are (55) possible
points then it runs through column B and say as of B6 the total is (26)
out
of (55) with (24) possible remaining and (5) already forfeited for a total
of
(55).

A B C
2 2
1 0
10 10
5 5
4 0
9 9
7
8
6
3
A11=55 B11=26 Total of B1:B10 C10= 55-26-(24 remaining +5
forfeited)
for a total of (55)

Thank you in advance,

Judd