Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Default Importing a multiline .txt file

Just of interest for schnett, the attached formula (across Row 2) will
show roughly what will be required in specs for parsing your data, and
I guess highlight the need to, if possible, have the file supplied in a
set format.

Hope this assists you

File:http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...3&d=1145536793

--

Bryan Hessey Wrote:
Well spotted, I read the question but not the data.

Row 1 appears to be 2 fields, sequence and Model Number but only one
':' seperator, row 2 has two ':' sperators, row 3 and 4 only one,
whilst others, like the Vendor rates, have none.

Could be an interesting VB parse unless the OP could re-extract
dropping the headers, I cannot see that the data will support any form
of text-to-columns separation.

|Filename: Book1v.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4663 |

Bryan Hessey