Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Les

Default Referencing sheet1 from sheet2

Hi Dav,

Just looking at both you guys responses briefly. I will explain more later.
I think the thing your formula doesnt consider is that if the cell address
on sheet Jan is blank then I want to bring over a blank onto sheet summary.

Thanks,

Les

"Dav" wrote in message

It is not entirely clear what you require. If you just wish to have the
month that the date is in returned eg if today is 1-apr-06 you want the
summary data from the sheet apr returned, but if it was 1-may-06 you
would want the data for may returned try

=INDIRECT(TEXT(MONTH(TODAY()),"mmm")&"!"&CELL("add ress",D14))

Regards

Dav

--
Dav