Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove

Default Referencing sheet1 from sheet2

Les wrote...
. . . I use the TODAY() function and a CHOOSE function
to display the name of the month in 3 letters in my summary sheet. . . .

You might find TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm") simpler.

. . . Then I
want to be able to incorporate the name of the month in my formula so that I
can grab various pieces of info for the sheet that has the tab of the same
month. My problem is I use the following formula:

=IF(Apr!D14<=TODAY(),Apr!D14,"")

My problem is how do I build a function that will be able to take the 3
letter month on the summary page, concatenate the ! and the D14 so that the
above formula grabs the data on sheet Apr cell D14? Understand in using
this formula I need to be able to copy the formula when I am done so that I
can place it in 50 rows on the summary sheet.

=IF(INDIRECT(M&"!"&CELL("Address",D14))<=TODAY(),
INDIRECT(M&"!"&CELL("Address",D14)),"")

where M represents the 3 letter month on the summary page.