Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sandy Mann

Default Meter Readings

Hi Tracey.

I think that it is impertinent to change someone else's formula but as Daddy
still does not seem to be around and with my apologies to Daddy, try:

Insert a new Column B and enter the multiplier in it: 1 for no multiplier,
10 for x10 etc and 0.1 for divide by 10 etc.

Then change the formula to:

=MOD(LOOKUP(10^LEN(C2),D2:IV2)-LOOKUP(10^LEN(C2),D2:IV2,C2:IV2),10^LEN(C2))*B10

as before the *number* (or at least C2) must be text so that leading zeros
count as real characters

One caveat, if both figures are the same the formula will return zero and if
the first reading is smaller than the second it will return an error of the
capacity of the meter

Once again my apologies to Daddy

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Maria Tracey" wrote in message
"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
Hi Tracy,

If by Multiplier you mean it says on the meter " x 100 " then simply
multiply, (or divide as appropriate), the result of the formula by 100:

=MOD(D2-C2,10^LEN(D2))*100

That's great thanks.

I'd love to be able to combine that with Daddylonglegs formula which works
out the last reading

=MOD(LOOKUP(100000,C2:IV2)-LOOKUP(100000,C2:IV2,B2:IU2),100000)

Is that possible ?

Thank You