Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bill_De

Default Custom functions calculating time arguments Help Desperate

I am fairly new at Excel and Access doing formulas and I
have a problem which after an hour I am stuck and Help doesn't give
enough information for me to work through this.

I have created an Excel document for scoring tournements. The entire book is
automated and I am now trying to automate the times for the events using a
custom function to change the start times.

I finished the custom function and inserted it into a cell I then got the
function arguments box which asks for entries for Time1 and Time2. I enter 2
cell locations i.e. M3, M15 and when I click ok I get the following: #Value!

I have checkd the entire worksheet where I have time entries and all of the
cells are formated to €śtime€ť. I have also taken cells with time entries ie
cell M3 is 1:00 PM, and Cell AT5 is 0:20 and when I add the two cells I get a
result of 1:20 PM and when I subtract the cells I get a result of 12:50 PM.

I cannot figure out why I am getting the #Value error message as I check
with help and all of the entries are in the same formate.

Here is the entire function with explinations on cell formate and entries I
hope you can give me some advice as to what I need to change to get this
function to work I am totally lost on this one.

Function Evtime(Time1, Time2) (Times in cells ie M3,M15 cell formats are
custom h:mn AM/PM

Dim gameint as Variant
Dim Lunchbk as Variant
Dim Addtm as Variant
Dim Gametm as Variant
Dim Pmstart as Variant
Dim Result1 as Variant

Gameint=Index!M20 (0:05 cell format custom [h]:mm)
Lunchbk=Index!M21 (11:00 AM cell format custom h:mm AM/PM)
Addtm=Index!M22 (0:20 cell format custom [h]:mm)
Pmstart=Index!M23 (1:00 PM cell format custom h:mm AM/PM)
Gametm=AT5 (0:20 cell format custom [h]:mm)
Exp1=(Time1+Gametm+Gameint)
Exp2=(Lunchbk-Gametm)
Exp3=(Time2+Gametm+Gameint)
Exp4=(Time1+Gametm+Gameint+Addtm)

If Exp1< Exp2 Then Result1=Exp1 Else: Result1= Pmstart
If Exp1 Exp2 Then Result1=Pmstart Else: Result1=Exp1
If Exp1 Exp3 Then Evtime=Result1 Else: Evtime= Exp4
End Function

I hope you can help me as I am getting close to where I will be needing this
for some tournements.
Thanks again
Bill_De