JE McGimpsey

XL will not, by default, interpret 123004 as 12/30/04 (that hasn't
changed). If this worked for you before, you must have had an event
macro running that converted the value.

Look for an event macro in the worksheet or ThisWorkbook code module, if
it only worked for one workbook, or for an add-in if it worked in all
workbooks.

In article ,
"snixflowergirl" wrote:

Since 2005, using format cells, then date, I normally enter any date, for
example 123004 enter and the date 12/30/04 is displayed. Now beginning this
week, when I enter 123004 enter, 10/8/2236 is displayed. I can, however,
physically type the slashes 12/30/04 and the date will enter as typed. This
problem just began Monday after the beginning of the new year, so, I believe
it somehow is a date problem with the software.