Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Middleton

Default macro security settings excel change back to low

john -

You wrote "When I set security to low and close and reopen, security
defaults back to low."

Yes, that's what I would expect.

But, what happens if you do what I suggested?

That is, "change to High, close Excel, and restart Excel."

- Mike

"john mcmichael" wrote in message
No luck. When I set security to low and close and reopen, security
defaults
back to low. Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks again in
advance
for your help. :)

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

john mcmichael -

Maybe it's not a file setting. Maybe it's an application (Excel) setting.
Try this: change to High, close Excel, and restart Excel.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"john mcmichael" wrote in
message
I would like to set Excel 2003 macro settings to High, however, every
time
do this save and close the file and reopen it, it changes back to low.
Can I
set it to High by default so that it stays that way?

Thanks.

Have a great day