Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jan

Default Lookup in data from external datasource

I have a worksheet with data updated from a mainframe database.
Another worksheet has a vlookup-function.

As the imported format is 'General', the lookup-function doesn't work (gives
a #N/A) before I use *The Copy Blank Fix* that I've learned from
(THANK YOU!).

I.e. copy a blank cell and use Edit/Paste special Add to change the format.
And thereby Excel to see it as numbers.

But how can I avoid this cumbersome procedure everytime I update all my
external data?
Thanks in advance for any help on this !