Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jackie

Default Template question - can I replace the default "worksheet" template

Hi - I know how to place a book.xst template into the xlstart folder to
create a re-usable template, but I was wondering if it's possible to replace
the "worksheet" template that's always there?

Detail: I want to make sure I always use the company colour palette, so I
have a book.xlt template in "xlstart" that contains that palette (in Tools
Options color).

Excel correctly uses it by default when it starts up. Also, I can select it
from New ... Templates On my computer...so far so good.
BUT if I select File New... then choose "Blank workbook" from the taskbar
on the right, or "workbook" from the New dialogue box, then excel uses its
own default template, with the old colour palette.... is there any thing I
can do?