Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:21:07 -0800, sjs wrote:

Hello,

Column 1 contains a product ID and could contain just one entry or several
entries depending upon how many reels of that product ID we have in
inventory. Column 2 has the reel quantity in feet. I need to get a total
quantity in feet for each product ID.

Column 1 Column 2
Prod ID Feet
ABC 100
ABC 150
ABC 200
XYZ 50
XYZ 50

I need the total product, in this example ABC = 450 ft and XYZ = 100 ft. I
have over 3000 lines and over 600 products I can't do it manually. I think a
pivot table would do it but I'm not sure...

tks,
steve

A Pivot table should do fine.

Drag the Prod ID to Rows; and drag the Feet to Data.

--ron