Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jake

Default Trend Line Equation Coefficients

Actually, using this method gives me slightly different coefficients than the
numbers I got from the excel trendline equation. Any idea why?

Trendline:
a = 0.011
b = -0.433

Linest Equation
a = 0.014
b = -0.453

I only have 5 data points so might as well share those too:
1, 1.0985%
2, 0.7889%
3, 0.6603%
4, 0.6036%
5, 0.5432%

"Jake" wrote:

Is there a way to link to the coefficients of a trend line? I have some data
plotted with a exponential trend line fitted to it and the equation of the
trend line (y = cx^d) shown on the chart. Rather than manually copying c and
d to use them in another worksheet, I would like to link to them so that I
don't have to re-copy everytime my data changes. Can this be done?

Thanks.