Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default excel conditional formating decimal fractions

Andy,

In the CF, change Condition 1 to Formula Is and then put the formula in,
which assuming you are adding CF to say A1 and the cell with 2.50 is B1,
would be

=ROUND(A1,2)=B1

just change to your cells

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Andy Dixon" wrote in message
Hi Bob,

Thankyou for your reply. I am sure what you have said is the answer I am
looking for however I seem unable to translate your reply into the
conditional formating input box.

the conditional formatting option I have at present completed is
(which works for whole numbers)

Cell Value is equal to =$E$8 [E8 being the original
variable target cell]

From your reply I am unable to identify how to include ROUND into the

input
field.

Hope this makes sense and you are able to assist.

Thanks again

Andy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Test against the rounded version, just as the formatting does

=A1=ROUND(B1,2)

for example

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Andy Dixon" <Andy wrote in message
I am using excel 2003. I have set conditional formating to turn a

cell
green
when the cell value is the same as another cell value.

The source cell contains a formula that delivers a £value which I have

set
to 2 decimal places.(£.pp) This is a financial value say £2.50

(£2.4990)

I then enter a financial value in the comparison cell as £2.50, which

want
it to identify as the same as the above value £2.50 (£2.4990)

It appears that the conditional formating is comparing the full

numerical
value in both boxes, and therefore not detecting a "same as"

condition.

I have verified this by removing the 2 decimal places formating and

the
cell
shows the full value, when I enter the same value the "same as" value
conditional format is triggered.

I could remove the 2 decimal places format permanently, which would

resolve
the conditional format problem, however as this is a financial

calculation
would prefer to retain the 2 decimal places format.

Can anyone help in identifying a solution.

Many thanks
Andy