Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tracey

Default Excel formula

Hi Carim,

both totals are fixed in cells on the original spreadsheet "personnel"

new subtotal for the day is in cell E72

Total for the month is in cell E76

I have also created a table on the personnel sheet that has a cell for every
day of the year as a way to facilitate the date/total formula.

The month total also appears in another spreadsheet within the same workbook
where it is not fixed as a new total is put in for each month.

I'm very flexible to leave either out to make this work - whatever is easiest.

Thanks again

"Carim" wrote:

Tracey,

To go a bit further, and help you write your calculation line :

1. What is the cell where you store what you call "New sub total for
the day" ?
2. What is the cell where you store what you call "Master total for the
month" ?
Are these inputs always located in a given cell or do they change
location ?

No doubt, you will fix this problem ...

Cheers
Carim