Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Screening one list for data

Hi!

One way:

Assume list1 is in A1:A800 and list2 is in B1:B366.

Enter this formula in C1:

=IF(COUNTIF(A$1:A$800,B1),"in both lists","")

Copy down to C366 (double click the fill handle for quick copying)

Biff

"DD" wrote in message
I'm such a newbie, I thought this would be embarassingly easy but two
hours
later...hopefully someone can help! I have two long lists of values; in
list
#1, there are about 800 unique values, whereas in list #2, there are 366
unique values. I want to be able to identify which values can be found in
both lists, but have failed to master COUNT/LOOKUP/etc. Would love any
suggestions.