Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Terry Bennett

Default Format\Formula Help

Format / Cells / Date

"tom" wrote in message
I entered the date as 04/01/06 into a cell. someone went in and did
something because now the date shows up as 38808. How can I fix this

"scott" wrote:

In my spreedsheet we have to record daily test results with an id
numbered
assigned to them. To start the new year we would start with 20061. 2006
represents the year and 1 represents the first sample. I start the year
with
this number and then in the following cells my formula just adds one.
This
elminates us typing in the id number so the next number would be 20062
etc. I
did not take into account that once I reached 20069 my next ID number
turned
to 20070. I need to keep the 2006 so after 20069, the next reading would
be
200610. Is there a way to do this either through formating or a different
formula.

thanks in advance
scott