Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

Default CountIF() in Worksheet B while referencing cells in Worksheet A

JF --

You can do this, either the regular way by using the mouse or, better, by
naming the range of data you want to pull from. Let's say you named the
range 'SourceData'. Here's the spreadsheet:

A B
1 XYZ =countif(SourceData,A1)
2 YZA =countif(SourceData,A2)

If you don't want to name the range then, as you create the countif formula,
just go to the other worksheet and select the range of the data source.
Remember to make the reference absolute before you copy it (which is why
naming it is best).

HTH

"jfj3rd" wrote:

Hi everyone,

So my title might be the best way to answser my questionb ut I'll give
it a longer description here.

I don't want to clutter worksheetA with hidden fields containing
formulas that I would then call in WorksheetB.

So how do I tell CountIF to calculate specified cells in a different
worksheet?

Your help would be appreciative. I searched through the help file but
just simply don't know what I'd be looking for.

JJ

--
jfj3rd