Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Will

Default Match/Index Returning #N/A

Hi,

Been searching previous post for an answer to my question, but I got
nothing.

Here's my problem:

I have two tables in two worksheets. Fist table consists of sizes,
broken down by their different types, i.e.

Fractional Letter WireGauge Metric

Then I have another table that consists of product categories. The
categories are determined by the product type and size, i.e.

Fractional Letter WireGauge Metric
Product type Cat1 Cat2 Cat3 Cat4

In a third worksheet I have a 32,000 row list of the products and their
different sizing. I need to categorize these products. The formula
that I thought would do it is

=Index(Table,MATCH(product,ProductList,0),MATCH(In dex(SizeNames,OR(IF(MATCH(size,Fractional,0),1,0), IF(MATCH(size,Letter,0),2,0),IF(MATCH(size,WireGau ge,0),3,0),IF(MATCH(size,Metric,0),4,0)),SizeList, 0+1)

I thought that by setting the value if false to 0, I would get the
value that corresponds to the correct size type, but instead it returns
#N/A. I can't think of anything that could fix it.

Hope I explained everything well enough. Any help would be
appreciated.

-Sern