Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wangxuqin

Default data entry in excel by linking to other word doc. or excel sheets

this sounds like using excel as a data recording tool question.

i have a client asking me this:

1. when he creates a new order either in word doc. (which he prefers)
or in excel (he can accept using this too), how can I help him enter
the order in excel data sheet--he wants to include order number, order
items (multiple usually), quantity etc.

2. when multiple orders are created in different files (e.g. one order
is one unique .doc file), how can I help him update the data entry in
the excel spreadsheet by accessing newly created orders?

3. if one order has two or more order items, I hope i can enter the
data sheet with two or more rows (meaning that the data is stored at
order item level not just order level), how can i automatically create
multiple rows for one order?

Sorry these questions sound very rudimentary...I try not to use ACCESS.
and i do know how to use excel as a reporting tool once the data are
entered.

thanks so much!

Jasmine

--