Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
amberlodge

Default VLOOKUP works in some cells but not others.

I just did and could find no extra spaces or blanks. Several names have the
same homeroom; with some the formula works, with others it doesn't. If I
paste the lookup value that works into the ones that don't, the formula
works. Yet the cells were identical. I tried typing the number in from
scratch and that did not work.

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Did you check for extra blanks at the end of your values?

HTH
--
AP

"amberlodge" a écrit dans le message
de ...
Excel 2000

Really simple data sheet: list of names with homerooms
Lookup table: list of homerooms with teachers. (named "Range")

=VLOOKUP(E2,Range,2)

Some of the cells return the correct name, others #N/A.

As far as I can tell they are all formatted exactly the same; I've tried
several different formatting options. The correct ones stay the same; the

no
data ones do not change either.

Any ideas?