Jim Rech

I take you to mean that when you open Excel by double-clicking on an XLS
file, add-ins you previously selected for automatic opening under Tools,
Add-Ins do not open. I tried to repro this and I did not have the problem.
Maybe I don't fully understand what you're doing. As a shot in the dark you
might re-register your file associations by running "Excel.exe /regserver"
(no quotes, there is a space before the slash) from Start-Run.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP